- INTERNET MARKETING
- CONTINUING EDUCATION
Evaluating the success of your marketing efforts across key performance indicators (KPIs) is essential; however, making those KPIs meaningful can be a challenge. Here are four steps that can ensure you are accurately measuring the performance of your marketing efforts.
1. Start with your business objective. Aligning with the company’s overall business objectives is important in proving marketing activities have the ability to directly impact the overall performance of the business. Additionally, this can help you develop marketing objectives and a strategy that aligns with the business objectives. [Read More here]
Ensure these marketing objectives have the ability to be universal and translate to KPIs across all of your efforts, from the goals established in your website analytics to media objectives. All too often marketers can get tactical in evaluating performance by expected metrics. For example, leads from a trade show or completion rates from online video are metrics or data segments typically used to evaluate these tactics; however, if leads or awareness is not part of the objective then how is that working to move the needle?
2. Invest in research. Frequently we hear about “the power of data.”
Recently on Optin Learning
- Home › Search › SEO Crispin Sheridan 8 Tips on How to Utilize YouTube and the New ‘YouTube One’ for Your Business Crispin Sheridan | April 3, 2013
- Content Zombies: How to Fight The Walking Dead Christina Zila, October 28, 2012
- Like Any Good Story Derek Harding | October 24, 2012
- Facebook Brand Engagement Up 896% – New Adobe Study James Dohnert | October 24, 2012
- Facebook Ads Reach 5x Greater Audiences Than Organic Content Matt Kapko | October 26, 2012