- INTERNET MARKETING
- CONTINUING EDUCATION
In recent years with web analytics software/tools/systems becoming more widely used by companies that have websites, the necessity of having a web analyst role or even several web analysts for a web business is essential.
Back in the days before year 2000 when website traffic statistics were quantified as “hits,” web analytics was not a common tool for many web businesses. The concept of “hit” means for every file that is requested by a site visitor, the counter of “hit” increases by one. This was never a meaningful way to look at visitors’ traffic and how visitors interact with a website.
A web analyst’s job description in the modern day should consist of the following tasks:
- Trend and data reporting
- Analyze current online marketing acquisition strategies and explore nw opportunities and/or new strategies
- Understand on-site visitors’ behavior and experience
- Stay connected with the trends and the details
Trend and Data Reporting
Daily trend and data reporting is tedious and repetitive as you are possibly using SQL queries to extract all the required data from a SQL server database and then placing the numbers in an Excel spreadsheet.
One basic dimension for any reporting is the time period: daily reports, weekly reports, monthly reports, quarterly reports, and annual reports.[Read more here]
Recently on Optin Learning
- Home › Search › SEO Crispin Sheridan 8 Tips on How to Utilize YouTube and the New ‘YouTube One’ for Your Business Crispin Sheridan | April 3, 2013
- Content Zombies: How to Fight The Walking Dead Christina Zila, October 28, 2012
- Like Any Good Story Derek Harding | October 24, 2012
- Facebook Brand Engagement Up 896% – New Adobe Study James Dohnert | October 24, 2012
- Facebook Ads Reach 5x Greater Audiences Than Organic Content Matt Kapko | October 26, 2012